[Asterisk-Users] Quick call group question...

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno.org
Fri Nov 12 13:01:46 MST 2004

I saw it once in the wiki, but I don't remember what the feature was
called, so I don't know what to search for.  I know on our current Avaya
phones, it's called a Call Group.  Where several extensions are dialed
from one extension ( when an outside line rings, for example ), and the
person that picks it up gets the call.  Not a Hunt Group, I don't want
the call to go through a chain of extensions.

I remember the syntax is something like this: dial(
SIP/1&SIP/2&SIP/3...yada yada yada ), but what I want to know is this:
If someone answers the extension, does it belong to them at that point?
The other lines will stop ringing, and the other people couldn't pick up
the line?

Thanks, sorry if this sounds a little confused, but I am, myself, a
little confused.  So it all works out.  ;)

Sean