[Asterisk-Users] $200 AMP documentation bounty

Gregory Junker gregory.junker at dayark.com
Fri Nov 12 09:55:03 MST 2004

How about this. It's obvious that there is a strong demand for a clean,
portable, easy-to-use Asterisk manager application. Apparently those
that exist currently fall short in one or more areas, or we wouldn't be
having this discussion.

Why don't we compile a list of features that people want their manager
app to do for them, and finally do one that works, is easy to install,
and is intuitive? I'd be happy to manage the project, help code it,
design it, whatever it takes. It'll give my decade or so of software
engineering experience something to do.

I'll start off with the obvious:

- The app must allow the administrator, either graphically or via menu-
and dialog-driven GUI, to add, remove and otherwise edit extensions
within the Asterisk PBX software.

- The app must allow the administrator, either graphically or via menu-
and dialog-driven GUI, to add, remove and otherwise edit users within
the Asterisk PBX software.

- The app must allow the administrator, either graphically or via menu-
and dialog-driven GUI, to add, remove and otherwise edit channels within
the Asterisk PBX software.

If anyone is interested in helping continue to describe what you want
from an Asterisk system manager, I am perfectly willing to do my best
and my part to make it happen.

Greg