[Asterisk-Users] SysMaster and GPL Violation -- what about IPEYA

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Fri Nov 12 09:09:55 MST 2004

On Friday 12 November 2004 08:53 am, Garry Taylor wrote:
> I have a friend with one of their boxes, as he is having all sorts of
> problems with it. It is asterisk, no doubt about it. However, they claim to
> have written there own overlay on top to do the config. via http. And the
> FXO/FXS card shipped is the TDM400. No code whatsoever is shipped with the
> box, source or otherwise.

Now it is very good that we all get concerned about Asterisk not being
violated. But it's up to Digium, who knows who it has sold a commercial
license to and not, to take that action.

The correct thing to do is to notify Digium and let them decide what if any
should be done. We don't even know who is licensed what way, and this is just
creating a vigilante movement based on insufficient knowledge.

Further, for Digium to present a list of who does have a commercial license
would not be in their interest as that can undermine the customers marketing
plans and effective use of their license.

So chill out and wait to hear from Digium, don't get into the middle of a
legal scene you know nothing about.
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin