[Asterisk-Users] iconnect incoming problems

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Nov 12 00:43:49 MST 2004

Brian Capouch wrote:
> Steve Rubin wrote:
>

>> What does your register look like?
>>
>> Mine is...
>> register=1408215XXXX:YYYY:ZZZZZZZZZZ at sipauth.deltathree.com
>>
>> XXXX = Phone Number
>> YYYY = Password
>> ZZZZ = User Number
>>

> Works here, and I am behind a NAT gateway, and therefore authorizing
> against their "nat-relay" machine.

Oops.  Spoke too soon.

Very, very wild behavior.  100% of the calls I make to my iconnect
inbound DID number work IFF I place them via Voicepulse.  They never
work if I place them with voipjet.

For any other ITSP provider, or when I dial in via the PSTN, it works
intermittently, with far more failures than successes.  But there are
successes, albeit few, with each other provider.  Periods of success and
failure seem to be clustered, but at random distances apart.

I turned on SIP debug and there is always SIP traffic from iconnect into
my Asterisk server on every call, successful or not.

I'll need to dig more to figure out the difference between those that
succeed and those that fail.  I don't have time for a while, though.
I've been playing with this for the last hour or so, and it seems this
is a pretty accurate statement of the way things are (and are not) working.

B.