[Asterisk-Users] DHCP from server A and connect to server B messes with SIP call out.

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Nov 11 15:09:02 MST 2004

I have my cisco 7960 phone. It gets a DHCP address from server A.
It connects to SIP on server B. server B does NOT know the DHCP IP address
of the cisco phone.

I can call out from the cisco phone but I cannot call into it.

If I add in the /etc/hosts file on server B and entry that matches the
DHCP address for the phone I can then call into the phone.
This is not desirable obviously as the DHCP address can change.

How to I setup my sip.conf to accomodate this? or what am I missing???

Thanks,

Jerry