[Asterisk-Users] ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No

Noah Miller noah at rosecompanies.com
Thu Nov 11 14:26:26 MST 2004

>>> I bought a Wildcard TDM400P earlier this week.
>>>
>>> I compiled the software from CVS and installed it.  When ztcfg runs I
>>> get
>>> the error:
>>>
>>> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 1: No such device or address (6)
>>>
>>> After checking /proc/pci I don't see the board.  Why wouldn't the
>>> board be
>>> showing up?  Its in a slightly older machine (with an i440BX chipset)
>>> that
>>> any other PCI card I have works fine in.  My brand new desktop sees
>>> it.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Have to ask the obvious: Is the power connector plugged in?  Actually,
>> I think the card should show up even if it's not plugged in, though.
>> Other questions: Is the motherboard PCI 2.2 compliant?  I don't think
>> the TDM boards work with 2.1 or earlier.  Have you tried it in other
>> PCI slots?  Do you have any other machines to test it in?
>
> Yes to power connecter being plugged in, PCI 2.2, and tried other
> slots.
>
> I have tried the board in a brand new machine (that I can't use for
> asterisk) and windows finds the card.

Hmm, well that complicates things.  I might try one of those Linux Live
CD's (the kind that boot up to a functional version of Linux without
affecting the hard drive: see http://www.knoppix.org/) on the newer
windows machine.  If that machine can find the card under linux, you
can narrow the problem down to a bad install of linux, or some kind of
hardware incompatibility/conflict.

Other question:  Are there any other PCI cards or integrated
peripherals in the 440BX machine?  The TDM400P's don't seem to like to
share IRQ's.  Maybe you can use the BIOS to reserve an IRQ.