[Asterisk-Users] One way audio on calls across a TDM400P

Milenko milenko at king-nerd.com
Thu Nov 11 13:39:27 MST 2004

Hello all,

    I'm a new * user trying to get a base machine setup for testing purposes.  I have a TDM400P with a single FXO module hooked up to a POTS line.  I have two SIP phones hooked up to the * server as well.  I'm having a problem making calls across the TDM400P card, and I haven't been able to make any headway on getting it fixed.  I was hoping someone here might have an idea.  The problem is that I only get audio one way when making or recieving calls from the POTS line.  When calling out, the user on the far end can hear me but I can't hear them.  I also don't hear a dialtone or their phone ringing after I dial.  All I get is an echo of myself talking.  When calling into the * server from the POTS line, I can hear the voice prompts that I have setup but * does not respond when I press a number to navigate through the menu system.  So I hear the prompts (Press 1 for sales, etc....) but when I press 1, nothing happens - * just keeps playing the prompts even though I'm using the background function to play them.

    It seems like * is not recieving any audio from the TDM400P, but it can send audio through the TDM400P.  My zapata.conf, extensions.conf, zaptel.conf, and sip.conf files are listed below.  If anyone has any ideas as to why this is happening please respond.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy Adams
CMAVTS

[zapata.conf]