[Asterisk-Users] Re: Sending SMS from ISDN to cellular

Stefan Tichy asterisk at pi4tel.de
Thu Nov 11 07:06:22 MST 2004

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 11:02:14PM +0100, Elmar Haneke wrote:
> how to configure * to send an SMS to an mobile phone (Germany, D2).

> In the outgoing directory I do playe an call-file:
>
> 	Channel: CAPI/[MYMSN]:0106301722270333

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+Sms
    SMS with T-Com (German Telekom)
    Send outgoing messages to 0193010

You have to use the Telekom SMSC as gateway.

> 	Extension: [TARGET-PHONE-NO]
> 	CallerID: Test Test Test
> 	MaxRetries: 1
> 	RetryTime: 60
> 	WaitTime: 30
> 	Context: smsdial

You may define some additional variable here and use it as argument
to the sms application:

Callfile > SetVar: SmsText=Test Test Test
Extensions.conf > SMS(${CALLERIDNUM},,${EXTEN},${SmsText})

New question:

Is it neccessary to register the local ISDN phone number if you want
to receive sms from D2 mobile phones? Short messages from D1
customers are transmitted as sms only if such a registration has
been made.

--
Stefan Tichy   <asterisk at pi4tel.de>