[Asterisk-Users] Connecting to Exicom GSX 418/816

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Nov 10 22:32:45 MST 2004

Because Asterisk expects voltage to be removed from the line to indicate
that the call has been disconnected.  No PBX that I know of provides
that.  They just provide a busy signal tone.  PBX's tend to be pretty
good about figureing out when a call has disconnected.  There's a MUCH
better chance that the PBX will see Asterisk hanging up the call when
it's Asterisk FXS -> PBX CO than when it's PBX FXS -> Asterisk FXO.

Still no guarntee it will work, but I've just found that it works better
in the two instances I've done something like this.