[Asterisk-Users] Connecting to Exicom GSX 418/816

Nick Cobley nick.cobley at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 21:36:05 MST 2004

Excellent news :)

We will be hooking up our system to a number of PABX's over the next
few months, of which I expect a lot of them to be pre stone age. Is
hooking it up this way preferable to using an FXO module? I can see
there is a cost advantage as a lot of these systems are maxed out or
not able to provide the 2 wire extensions, but in a lot of cases they
seem to have CO lines spare.

But just wondering if there is actually any technical advantage to
hooking it up this way?