[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, X-Lite, and * and # keys

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Wed Nov 10 22:29:53 MST 2004

I am not surprised.  The pedantic options has a bunch of unrelated
fixups for specific situations lumped together for whatever strange reasons.
You should probably edit the source code (channels/chan_sip.c) find the
line where the procedure 'url_decode' is called (there is only one
instance) and comment out the if statement just before. put a couple
forward slashes at the beginning of the line,  and recompile.
I think it looks like this:
If (pendanticsipchecking)
    url_decode(....);

I suspect the pedantic "fix"  brakes the SIP tag checking (actually
enables it, but it doesn't work right)
on responses to outgoing requests.

Stanley Cline wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:53:12 -0500, I wrote
>

>>On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:36:04 -0500, Karl Brose wrote...
>>

>>>Try turning on pedantic mode in sip.conf
>>>pedantic=yes
>>>

>>That fixed it!  :)
>>

>It turns out that pedantic=yes fixed the X-Lite issue, but *broke* outgoing
>calls from my VoicePulse Open Access (SIP, not IAX) line (but oddly, *not*
>incoming* on the same line.)  SIP debug shows a series of retries on outgoing
>calls -- my box get s a list of codecs from VP but never selects one, instead
>tearing down the connection and retrying until it times out.  I find this
>*really* strange since VP uses Asterisk themselves

Asterisk has many SIP bugs