[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, X-Lite, and * and # keys

Stanley Cline sc1 at roamer1.org
Wed Nov 10 17:40:24 MST 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:53:12 -0500, I wrote

> On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 14:36:04 -0500, Karl Brose wrote...
>
> > Try turning on pedantic mode in sip.conf
> > pedantic=yes
>
> That fixed it!  :)

It turns out that pedantic=yes fixed the X-Lite issue, but *broke* outgoing
calls from my VoicePulse Open Access (SIP, not IAX) line (but oddly, *not*
incoming* on the same line.)  SIP debug shows a series of retries on outgoing
calls -- my box get s a list of codecs from VP but never selects one, instead
tearing down the connection and retrying until it times out.  I find this
*really* strange since VP uses Asterisk themselves!

Fortunately, it isn't a big deal as I'm using other providers to terminate
PSTN calls, but it's odd nonetheless.

-SC
--
Stanley Cline -- sc1 at roamer1 dot org -- http://www.roamer1.org/
"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.  There might