[Asterisk-Users] high-capacity systems / trouble with Tyan

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Wed Nov 10 16:46:26 MST 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 05:25 pm, Tim Jackson wrote:
> >From my experience the Tyan Tiger MPX is a great board. I've never used
>
> it with *, but I have been using it as a high volume samba server for
> over a year and its never even hicupped.
>
> 16:24:30 up 197 days, 20:45,  2 users,  load average: 0.94, 0.92, 0.89
>

> -Tim

The problems motherboards has is not usually very visible to most
applications. However, when you get an app for which interrupt timings are
crucial, you'll notice boards that should have no problems, do.

I got a system that cost $15,000 a few years back. It's a dual XEON 550 Intel
board. You'd think it would do better than a lot of others. In truth it does
very poorly with Asterisk. It cannot handle one single call without having a
problem.

(Since that it has problems with interrupt timing, it might actually work
better if I remove one CPU ...)

On a different note. Please do not top post, and when you reply cut out
redundant parts of the original email. If you have a problem with typing the
mailing address and use reply to get around it - use R-Click and select New
instead. This avoids starting new threads in others threads. Changing subject
does not change the thread as that info is stored inside the email header.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin