[Asterisk-Users] GTW V.92 modem work with asterisk?

Wed Nov 10 14:12:59 MST 2004

Hi Walter,

I don't think it is a good idea to swamp the list with "does my modem
work with Asterisk" messages. I fear that some people are soon going
to become very angry if this trend continues.

The message you should have got from recent posts on this matter is very clear:

No modems will work other than one particular modem design based on
the Intel/Ambient MD3200 chipset. Anything that does not use the this
chip *will not work*.

For the avoidance of doubt, it is extremely unlikely that there will
be any work done by anybody to make other modems work. Most of the
modems are half duplex only which means they would only be useful in
IVR applications. This in turn means, nobody will want to waste their
time.

Thus, it is either the MD3200 or nothing.

In any event, if you are not willing to experiment and get your hands
dirty at least a bit, then you are better off buying Digium's X100P
card anyway, because this is the only card that comes with a guarantee
that it will work with Asterisk and it also comes with installation
support.

rgds
benjamin

Tokyo, Japan.