[Asterisk-Users] Re: Is this good or bad

Michael B. Murdock mike123 at switchmaxx.com
Wed Nov 10 12:45:27 MST 2004

Partially accurate Tom,

What is more likely to happen is that a new form of billing mediation not
dissimilar to the current long distance carriage mediation will be adopted.
ILECS will then charge "termination fees" of some sort for the last mile
access. This will likely be addressed by new regulation once VOIP gains a
larger share of the market (within 5 to 10 years).

-- Michael Murdock