[Asterisk-Users] calls go silent

Rob McGee asterisk at richardthecomputerguy.com
Wed Nov 10 11:40:18 MST 2004

On Monday 08 November 2004 15:40, I wrote:
> Channel map:
>
> Channel 01: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 01)
> Channel 02: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 02)
> Channel 03: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 03)
> Channel 04: FXO Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 04)
> Channel 05: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 05)
> Channel 06: FXS Kewlstart (Default) (Slaves: 06)
>
> 6 channels configured.

New testing indicates that calls strictly over the FXS channels (VoIP,
IAX2) are solid. I'm on one right now which has been going over 90
minutes. That's 3x as long as our maximum call using the PSTN and the
FXO channels (about 32 minutes; they generally die anywhere from 5-20
minutes in duration.)

I think this sounds like a hardware issue with the X101P cards:

> Found a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X101P
> wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
> Found a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X101P
[snip]
> Any advice as to what we should check will be greatly appreciated.

We are testing to see if both X101P's are affected, or just one.
--
    Rob - /dev/rob0