[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, X-Lite, and * and # keys

Brian Wilkins brian at hcc.net
Wed Nov 10 04:35:34 MST 2004

I had the same problem with XLite a couple days ago. I couldn't find a
workaround, but every so often the XLite client would pass the * and # and
sometimes it would send it as a %23. It's possible to send * and # through
XLite to Asterisk, but it occasionally works.

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 04:21 pm, Kristian Kielhofner wrote:
> Stanley Cline wrote:
> > Has anyone else had issues with Asterisk rejecting calls from X-Lite
> > softphones when the dialed number contains the * or # keys (e.g., dial
> > #86 on X-Lite "keypad" and then press "send", and Asterisk rejects the
> > call with a 404 error)?
> >
> > It turns out that X-Lite isn't sending the actual * and # characters, but
> > is converting them to hex, and Asterisk doesn't like it:
> >
> > (X-Lite build 1103m, doesn't work)
> > From: Cline W S Jr <sip:112 at pbx.dnw.roamer1.net>;tag=528200022
> > To: <sip:%2386 at pbx.dnw.roamer1.net>
> >          ^^^
> > (Sipura SPA-2000 w/ firmware 2.0.10(e), works)
> > From: Cline W S Jr <sip:111 at pbx.dnw.roamer1.net>;tag=a7b8c513a0ee55aco0
> > To: <sip:#86 at pbx.dnw.roamer1.net>
> >          ^
> > (I'm running the most current stable build of Asterisk, obtained via CVS
> > a few days ago.)
> >
> > Any suggestions on what to do here, short of not using the * and # keys
> > in my dial plan?  ;)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -SC
>
> Stanley,
>
> 	X-Lite uses some sequences at the beggining of calls to specify
> different SIP accounts:
>
> #1411 - Dials 411 with the first account
> #2411 - Dials 411 with the second account
>
> etc, etc, etc.
> Any other numbers just use the default account.  This could be why you
> are experiencing trouble.  Maybe you can "escape" the first pound sign,
> but alas I know nothing about that!
>

> --
> Kristian Kielhofner

Heritage Communications Corporation