[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk, X-Lite, and * and # keys

Stanley Cline sc1 at roamer1.org
Wed Nov 10 07:32:48 MST 2004

Has anyone else had issues with Asterisk rejecting calls from X-Lite
softphones when the dialed number contains the * or # keys (e.g., dial #86 on
X-Lite "keypad" and then press "send", and Asterisk rejects the call with a
404 error)?

It turns out that X-Lite isn't sending the actual * and # characters, but is
converting them to hex, and Asterisk doesn't like it:

(X-Lite build 1103m, doesn't work)