[Asterisk-Users] IAX and ADSI Help

Christopher Dobbs crdobbs at eracew.net
Wed Nov 10 02:17:22 MST 2004

Seth Remington wrote:

>On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 17:47, Christopher Dobbs wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know how to transfer ADSI information over IAX, I have
>>looked at the code, and it apears that this is posible.
>>

>I think ADSI currently only works with Zap channels. You are correct
>that it should be possible with any channel type but my understanding is
>that it's only currently implemented in the Zap channel driver. I don't
>have paperwork to back that up though :)
>
>What are you trying to do? Run an analog ADSI phone through an IAXy or
>something?
>
>-Seth

I am trying to extend my phone service to my dads house, we both are
connected to the same wireless internet provider.  I want to be able to
access my voice mail while at his house, and I want to be able to use
the ADSI VM interface.  Further more I am writeing an ADSI program for
configuring the call routing of the asterisk PBX.  I have 4 phone lines
and I want to export 2 of them to my fathers house.  (Well actuly They
are already there, but not using ADSI)

The IAX source has information it it about ADSI, but I dont understand
it well enough to know how to transfer the ADSI stream.
(If fact, it apears that IAX maintains a flag as to wether or not the
other end supports ADSI)