[Asterisk-Users] SpanDSP + Lexmark 6170 = Cut off faxes?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Nov 8 17:25:13 MST 2004

On November 8, 2004 06:41 pm, Steve Underwood wrote:
> I have looked at many similar reports, and all but one turned out to be
> due to data slips. However, if you are sure this is only happening with
> one particular FAX machine your problem might be different. In t30.c
> uncomment the first line. Rebuild spandsp and try FAXing. You should get
> audio log files in /tmp. Send them to me, and I will investigate.

Since there are so many problems with timing slips, would it be prudent to put
some kind of log in the spandsp code that it spits out a warning something
along the lines of "Warning: timing slip detected" to help reduce your time
involved in debugging these issues?

I'm pretty sure you already have some kind of code in-house which helps you do
this (when you play back the audio files) -- can you elaborate a little on
how you debug this stuff?

-A.