[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 500 software?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Nov 8 06:27:20 MST 2004

> > > Polycom ships out two different phones , ones with H323,and one with
> > SIP
> > > already loaded.
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Steve Maroney
> >
> > Correction, the polycom IP 500 ships without h.323 or SIP
> > software (it only has a bootrom on it), and software is only
> > distributed by polycom authorized VoIP partners. I have
> > personally taken issue with this as they advertise the
> > product as H.323 and SIP compliant, yet without additional
> > software it does not even know what SIP or H.323 are.
> >

> That's not right.
> New phones come loaded with the current relevant firmware.
> Upgraded f/w is only available to/from certified resellers.
> Or look on the wiki for where it is freely available.

The two new 500's that were purchased from a Polycom reseller
actually came with no firmware installed at all; only the
bootloader (or whatever its called). Someone on this list pointed
me to a souce for downloading the sip image, and now I've got the
phone running, but it won't register with *.

Not sure what the registration problem is as yet, but doing a
sip debug indicates the registration failure. I double checked
the Auth UserID and Password and they appear to be correct. Seems
others on the list have had the same issue, but I've not found
any responses resolving the problem as yet. Anyone have any
suggestions?

Rich