[Asterisk-Users] Aterisk and ISDN

Gianni Veloce gianniveloce at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 23:59:13 MST 2004

Dear * Experts,
I intend to use a laptop for Asterisk at home (because
of space problems and as I  already have one spare).

I would like Asterisk to 'sit between' my ISDN (BRI)
Line and use my existing ISDN telephone as extension.

After the hints from this list I learned that in order
to do this I need a ISDN card capable of 'NT mode' for
my telephone connection and another one (TE mode is
enough) for connecting * to the BRI line.
Needless to say that ISDN4Linux support is needed for
both.

In my case the question is:
What ISDN cards (NT Mode capable) are existing in
PCMCIA format (laptop) and where can I buy them?

Any other hints welcome (has anyone done the same
already to help me not to reinvent the wheel?)

Many Thanks!
GV