[Asterisk-Users] Problem with call originating from Cisco

Mark Raming Mark at Eraze.nl
Sun Nov 7 23:24:57 MST 2004

> On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 12:06, Mark Raming wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > ; Incomming calls from Pilmo
> > [212.26.192.155]
> > type=user
> > insecure=yes
> > context=incomming
>
> It is usually spelled as "incoming". Typo or intentional?

Yes, this is a typo. But one I made consistently throughout. More like brain
malfunction...

> > ; Outgoing calls to Pilmo
> > [pilmo]
> > type=peer
> > insecure=yes
> > fromdomain=nelson.ritstele.com
> > host=nelson.ritstele.com
> > fromuser=31165570909
> > allow=gsm
> > disallow=ulaw;
> > disallow=alaw;
> > dtmfmode=rfc2833
>
> The order is:
> 1) disallow=all
> 2) allow=...
> 3) allow=... etc.
>
> Remove:
> allow=gsm
> disallow=ulaw;    <-- please note the ";" should not be there afaik
> disallow=alaw;    <-- please note the ";" should not be there afaik
>
> Try with:
> disallow=all
> allow=gsm

That's what I currently have: disallow=all, allow=gsm, and that is working
but causes Asterisk to do the encoding.
What I want is outgoing alaw. So if I remove all disallow/allow lines from
the [pilmo] section, asterisk does outgoing alaw (ie it doesn't have to do
any transcoding). But then I other party cannot hear me.

Thanks,
Mark