[Asterisk-Users] Queue announce behavior for callback agents?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Sun Nov 7 15:25:50 MST 2004

> You could do something like that, but ackcall wouldn't know
> what queue called it, so the message would end up needing to
> be fairly generic. To get a message unique to the queue that polled
> the agent, you still will need to modify both app_queue and app_agent.

I guess I need to understand the relationship between queue, agent, and
ackcall. Seems like if ackcall can tell the queue the call has been
answered it must be somewhat aware of what queue called it. Is it that
there is a generic token passed?

> Unfortunately, my C skills are so poor, doing this would
> probably take me a week alone.

Which means it would take ME a year :(

  I think your best option
> would be to either post a bounty, post a feature request on
> bugs.digium.com and add a note that you will pay for the
> work, or as a last resort (you might get somewhat flamed for
> this) go to the asterisk-dev list (or IRC channel might be
> better) and ask if someone would be willing to do the coding
> for you (for a fee of course).  If you just post the request
> on bugs.digium.com and don't offer a bounty, you might get
> the code done for free, but I wouldn't count on it being soon.

I will look at similar bounty requests, just not sure how much work this
is, and I do not want to over/under bid.

Thanks for your input Chris.

Damon