[Asterisk-Users] Zap FXO channel locked up with steady static (white noise)

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Sun Nov 7 15:09:04 MST 2004

I have a TMD40B and a TDM04B in my test evironment box, it is currently
running CVS-HEAD-10/30/04 on redhat 9. I am making a lot of changes to
the .conf files and reloading often.

Occaisionally I get one of my Zap trunks in a state where * thinks it is
idle, but every time a call is bridged to it you hear a hiss (white
noise, steady) and nothing will succeed. When you call the number
associted with the channel it rings, but * does not acknowledge the
ring. Unplugging the line from the card has no effect, and the line
status appears to also be idle.

The only thing I have found that will reset it is a shut down and power
off of the box. Any ideas?

Damon