[Asterisk-Users] Queue announce behavior for callback agents?

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Sun Nov 7 14:51:59 MST 2004

 >  >CVS-HEAD-10/30/04
>  >
>  >When using the queue announce= in conjunction with a
> callback agent it  >appears the # key must be pressed before
> the optional announcement is  >heard by the agent (as far as
> I can tell), this seems to make sense for  >always logged in
> agents, but is in the reverse order of what one might
> >expect for callback agents.
>  >
>  >I realize the # is an acknowledgement that not only was the
> call  >answered, but there is a real live body on the
> answering end. Perhaps  >the announcement could loop until
> timeout or ackcall?
>  >
>  >Is there a method available to play the announcement before
> the ackcall  ># key is pressed? What about to loop it until timeout?
>  >

Chris,

What if ackcall could be given parameters, like the name of a sound file
to play between the answer event and the end of the timeout event? This
would then only be a modification to ackcall, right?

Here is the sequence I envision;

Agent call out event; Answer event; Ackcall sequence, modified to loop a
sound file for the remaining timeout duration, like "I have a call for
the support queue"; # to ack; Notify queue if there is an ack; Queue
plays announcement, like "connecting..."; (optional in the current
code). Seems like this would not require modifying the queue code based
on your earlier analysis.

Now, if I only had the skills to envision the c required to implement
it!

Is this a smaller project? Since we have no in-house coders we would
need to have this written for us (yes, I realize there would be a cost),
with hopes that it would then be useful enough to others to be added to
the project so we do not have to maintain workarounds.

Damon