[Asterisk-Users] SMS through Cisco PSTN GW

Nahuel Alejandro Ramos nahuelon at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 13:14:40 MST 2004

Hi everyone,
  I have my asterisk working with a Cisco 2610 PSTN Gateway connected
over SIP protocol. Could anybody tell me if I can send and receive SMS
through this Gateway with the SMS command in asterisk?
  I have been searching for on google and I saw that Asterisk can send
SMS over IAX to another Asterisk but I wondering if can I use it with
SIP protocol.
  Another question: Anyone know a freeware SIP softphone with SMS support?
  Thank you very much...

        Nahuel Ramos.