[Asterisk-Users] Is it possible to use IAXY device to make 56Kmodem calls

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Nov 4 12:43:45 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 14:40 -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
> steve,
>
> Thanks, do you recall what config commands you gave the modem
> to drop it down and only connect at lower speeds? I'm not a modem guru.

Thats all it was able to negotiate. Beware that most 56k modems are
winmodems and SUCK HUGELY when line conditions are poor. Even in the
true hardware modems there is a vast difference from vender to vender as
to whether or not they will operate at all on poor lines.

Essentially my suggestion is that if you MUST have your modem, don't go
all VoIP.