[Asterisk-Users] Is it possible to use IAXY device to make 56Kmodem calls

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Nov 4 12:40:34 MST 2004

steve,

Thanks, do you recall what config commands you gave the modem
to drop it down and only connect at lower speeds? I'm not a modem guru.

Thanks,

Jerry

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 13:50 -0500, Jerry Geis wrote:
>/ ALL,
/>/
/>/ is it possible to plug a standard analog 56K modem into my
/>/ iaxy device and make a modem call out? 9600 baud call would
/>/ be fine actually. I just want to make a call out with my iAXy
/>/ device and eliminate my PSTN line.
/
Depends on network quality. Not reliably and not fast. On a clean cable
modem with a channel bank and T1 card I could occasionally get 14.4
connections but it would quickly drop to unusable as soon as either a
frame was dropped or the jitter increased.