[Asterisk-Users] Newbie question: forwarding call from PSTN to VoIP

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Thu Nov 4 11:37:58 MST 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Luciano Macedo Rodrigues wrote:
> That's problaby a easy question to solve but I couldn't figure out how to do
> what I need.
>
> My PSTN line is connected to a phone and a FXO card. What I need is when
> someone calls me, and I don't answer in 3 or 4 rings, * makes a VoIP call to
> my office, where I'll pickup that call. Or I want to configure that, for
> example, if I know that nobody will be at home, I want to set that the phone
> immediately is forwarded to my office.
>
> Configuration examples? Where I configure this? Please?

It would be configured in extensions.conf. Maybe a timeout on your Dial()
will help accomplish what you're after. For example:
exten => 100,1,Dial(ZAPexten,10)
exten => 100,2,Dial(SIP/youroffice,10)

would ring the zap extension for 10 seconds, then try the SIP extension
for 10 seconds, and then would drop off to somewhere (you might want to
route to voicemail, or play an automated greeting, or simply hang up the
call).

Use the help facility in the CLI ('show application dial') to find out
more.

Greg