[Asterisk-Users] Eicon Diva Server 4BRI

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 4 08:15:07 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 15:17, Damon Estep wrote:
[snip]
> Is there a significant advantage (or requirement) to using kernel 2.6
> with Eicon / chan_capi / * ? All of my experimentation and use up to now
> has been redhat 9. What 2.6 distro are you using? fedora core 2?
>
> Have there been things that DO NOT work with kernel 2.6 in your
> experience?

The reason I went with kernel 2.6.9 is that it contains all the needed
CAPI support while a 2.4 kernel needs to be patched (check melware.de).
I am using Fedora Core 2 with the latest kernel from rawhide
(2.6.9-1.640 iirc). So no requirements other than not wanting to patch
the kernel. An advantage imho is that my Asterisk box doesn't have a
Digium card for timing and on 2.6 ztdummy will work without some special
USB chipset. Finally afaik 2.6 performs better than 2.4 and I have found
nothing that doesn't work. If you want to go for Fedora Core maybe it is
an idea to wait 4 or 5 more days because then Fedora Core 3 will be
released.

Regards,
Patrick