[Asterisk-Users] supposable timing problem with TE100P

Kurt Bauer bauer at cc.univie.ac.at
Thu Nov 4 07:35:40 MST 2004

--On Thursday, November 04, 2004 03:19:56 PM +0100 Peter Svensson
<psvasterisk at psv.nu> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Kurt Bauer wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> every now and then I get the following message in my * logs:
>> chan_zap.c:7379 pri_dchannel: PRI got event: HDLC Bad FCS (8) on Primary
>> D-channel of span 1
>>
>> As this is only a notice and voice worked quite well, despite the
>> messages,  I didn't bother.
>> _But_, I wanted to try spandsp/fax (latest version) lately and whenever
>> I  send a fax to * the pages get chopped, which according to Steve
>> Underwood  points at a timing problem, either in * or Hardware.
>
> Is your timing source set correctly? If you are connecting to the pstn
> the  pstn connection should be the primary timing source.

connection is to a Ericsson MD110 wich is set as network, * is set as CPE.

> What does the missed interrupts counter in "cat cat /proc/zaptel/1" say?

cat /proc/zaptel/1
Span 1: WCT1/0 "Digium Wildcard E100P E1/PRA Card 0" HDB3/CCS

           1 WCT1/0/1 Clear (In use)
           2 WCT1/0/2 Clear (In use)
           3 WCT1/0/3 Clear (In use)
           4 WCT1/0/4 Clear (In use)