[Asterisk-Users] Perl AGIs & TCP Sockets

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Nov 4 07:25:30 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-04 at 11:15 -0400, Victor Cartes wrote:
> Hello everybody
>
>     Do you remember I sent a case to the list about a digit "1" phantom I
> received when I call the method get_data or stream_file? Fine. I realized
> that It does not happend when I omit a subrutine I my code where I open a
> TCP client socket by IO::Socket.
>
>     I think It is because Asterisk send data to AGI by STDIN, like my
> socket; and somehow the "1" I get come from the TCP Socket. Am I right? If
> so... why does It happend after I properly close my socket?

Well you seem to have narrowed your problem down to something between
you and perl, not asterisk. Without the code, it would be difficult to
determine the problem. It may well be a problem with selected input, if
you selected the socket and then closed it, you would need to select
stdin again. Without code samples, it is just a guessing game.