[Asterisk-Users] what do I ask my provider for when using e&m_w and a T100P?

Tony Nichols tony at mail.applog.com
Thu Nov 4 06:47:55 MST 2004

I've never had this hard a time connecting asterisk to the telco.
Several times now.... on at&t circuits (already installed), I just
unplugged the old pbx, and plugged it into asterisk; watch what digits
come in and set the extensions.conf accordingly.

This time..... I've spent more than 20hrs trying to get it to work.

It is a simple config.

zaptel:
span=1,1,0,esf,b8zs
e&m=1-6

zapata.conf:
[channels]
group=1
language=en
signalling=em_w
usecallerid=yes
callerid=asreceived
context=default
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=1.0
txgain=1.0
channel => 1-6

No errors when loading the t100p
no errors running ztcfg
If I call the test number they dropped on the circuit I get a busy, fast
busy or all circuits busy error, and nothing on the console during
debug.
If I call out I get an error unable to create channel type Zap.

What I have now..... the full t1 comes out of the smart jack, into an
adtran where it is split 12 channels for data (works great), and 12
channels for voice (6 are routed to an amphanol to keep their old system
going- 6 are routed through the dsx port; so I can keep testing.

What specificly do I need to ask the provider for?

note: during the test turn-on everything worked fine with DID/DTMF. The
day of the switch over---- nothing worked.

1.Should rbs be on?
2.we tried feature group c and d - whitch should it be? ( I found a
config specific to featd on the list and tried it --no go).
3.should I ask what their wink speed is, and what the t100p expects to
see? or specify it in the zaptel.conf
4. How do I put the channel in debug mode? help says use debug channel
<channel>. I tried debug channel zap/1 and I get an error.
What is the correct syntax!

The providers says the switch model they are using is a IX7000.

PLEASE if anyone has some suggestions; PLEASE let me know.

t o n y