[Asterisk-Users] SendDTMFthrough the manager

Michael at Matraex.com Michael at Matraex.com
Wed Nov 3 10:17:56 MST 2004

I have been researching for a while and i can't seem to find a way to do
this.

Is there a way to SendDTMF tones to a channel without changing the
context a caller is in?

Here is the scoop,  I have a conference room with 2 channels in it.  I
would like to send DTMFTones into the conference room so that all
parties here it but it seems that I would have to issue a "redirect"
command through the manager on each channel in order to do that.  Like I
said I don't want to change the context I want everyone in the room to
hear the tones.

It seems to me that if I could execute an AGI command on a channel using
the Manager API I would be able to accomplish this (and many other
things) but I can't find documentation that says this is allowed.

Any help is appreciated

Michael Blood