[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail: howto disable vm-intro.gsm at the end of message?

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 3 07:24:21 MST 2004

Hi all,

I have an unavailable/busy voicemail message recorded which plays fine.
After the message has been played to the caller, vm-intro.gsm is also
played ("Please leave your message after the tone.  When done hang up or
press the pound key"). I do not want this vm-intro.gsm to be played. Is
there a way I can just have it play the beep?

It seems I can disable playing vm-intro.gsm in line 74, 1396 & 4652 in
app_voicemail.c but isn't there a more configurable way to do it?
Similar to the configurable directoryintro variable in voicemail.conf
(e.g. empty=don't play anything)?

Thanks and regards,
Patrick