[Asterisk-Users] Hold music while ringing

Kenneth Lorentsen kenneth_lorent at e-box.dk
Wed Nov 3 00:11:25 MST 2004

> What im after is a dial plan, so when a user calls into a 'specific'
> number, instead of hte meharing hte ringing until I pickup the call on
> my SIP phone.
>
> Tried looking thru voip-info but the clsoest i could find was a
> WaitUserOnHold in teh dialplan, not sure if this is what im after nor
> how to implement it....
>
> Thanks in Advanced
> Matthew

I think what you are looking for is...
In the extension.conf file where you7 have the extension for the the phone you want to have music on instead of the ringing tone you add an "m" at the Dial line parameter.

Example.
exten => 1111,1,Dial(SIP/1111,20,tTm)

At the end of the line you have "m" as parameter. The "m" is for MusicOn Hold instead of the normal ringin tone.

I hope that is what you was looking for.

Best regards
Kenneth Lorentsen