[Asterisk-Users] Linux and Windows

Tim Jackson tim at angelinacounty.net
Tue Nov 2 00:02:17 MST 2004

I can't speak for the US Govt, but I speak for a local government. We use open source everywhere. My departments PBX is Asterisk, Fileservers, Webservers, we use Linux everywhere. In my dealings with the State of TX they are adopting open source for some very mission critical applications. If you wonder about opensource and Govt go read GCN. They talk all about it. There's a place for both Windows and opensource. If you can't do both, or work around either one on either platform you are too narrow minded.

I sit here sending you this e-mail on my laptop running Windows XP, through my Exchange server running Windows 2000, that goes to my Linux mail gateway running Postfix to relay the mail outbound. Be more open minded, Windows isn't going away, and neither is open source software. Learn to deal with it.

-Tim