[Asterisk-Users] adding an artificial delay to *

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Tue Nov 2 11:12:17 MST 2004

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 01:03 pm, Peter Svensson wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, steve szmidt wrote:
> > Our battery manufacturers did the same to stop people from recharging
> > them. They came out with this fantastic story of how batteries might
> > explode if charged. Most everyone believed it too.
>
> It is quite true for some classes of batteries. E.g. some Li-ion batteries
> will explode if charged (or in the case of rechargeable batteries charged
> with the wrong voltage / polarity). They pack quite a punch as well. The
> normal household alkaline batteries are safe as far as I know though.

And at that you need enough amperage to blow it. Normal charge is not enough,
your charger should blow a fuse long before. Not what you find in normal home
charging equipment.

I've put pencils on fire too, but it takes many watts to accomplish.
--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                Benjamin Franklin