[Asterisk-Users] Queue

el Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Mon Nov 1 20:54:10 MST 2004

Mark Halverson wrote:
> Regarding a call queue -
>
> I was told that in order to have a queue users would have to login to the
> asterisk queue on their extension.

What you probably mean is that the agents would log in (via AgentLogin
or AgentCallbackLogin application). If using AgentCallbackLogin, * would
prompt for the extension # to ring them back when there's a caller.

> They would hear music on hold and then the music would stop and a caller is
> instantly there without any warning.

Not true. in queues.conf there is a setting called "announce" where you
can define which audio file to play. If you don't define anything then,
yes the two legs would be bridged without "any warning".

> This setup doesn't work for me.
>
> We have multiple employees that telecommute and I need a queue or setup to
> do the following:
>
> Call comes in and rings all the extensions.

specify "strategy = ringall" in queues.conf

> Once all extensions are in use the incoming caller(s) are placed on hold and
> hear music on hold.

enabled by default application behavior.

> When an extension becomes available, the phone rings. Sounds simple to
> me....

It sure is. You can look at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+call+queues for more info and as
a starting point. more links on that page to info about agents and
queues.conf settings.

Flynn