[Asterisk-Users] Linux and Windows

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Nov 1 18:23:33 MST 2004

Karl J. Vesterling wrote:

> At 06:41 PM 11/1/2004, you wrote:
>
>> [ snip for brevity ]
>>
>> If I only ran linux, I'd not even be able to connect to the Internet,
>> since
>> all I have is an EVDO/CDMA PCMCIA modem that barely has working
>> drivers for
>> Windows.
>

> I wouldn't attempt to get on the highway riding a rusty old tricycle,
> nor would I entrust my penguin to such a device.  Perhaps you should
> spend the $30.00 (US) and get yourself a Modem instead of a MoDumb.

Try reading what people say before ranting. He has a *CDMA* modem. Can
you offer him good modem support for a CDMA modem? If not, try to avoid
making yourself look so foolish.

Actually,  most CDMA modems use AT commands, just like most GSM modems
do. They both an extended set of the usual AT commands, with special
commands to access cellular related features. The GSM stuff is openly
documented. I think the CDMA guys are a bit more annal retentive, but
they also have a spec for the standard CDMA modem interface.

Regards,
Steve