[Asterisk-Users] Linux and Windows

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Mon Nov 1 18:16:24 MST 2004

>>If I only ran linux, I'd not even be able to connect to the Internet,
since
>>all I have is an EVDO/CDMA PCMCIA modem that barely has working drivers
for
>>Windows.

>I wouldn't attempt to get on the highway riding a rusty old tricycle, nor
would I entrust my >penguin to such a device.  Perhaps you should spend the
$30.00 (US) and get yourself a >Modem instead of a MoDumb.

Sure, just point me to where I can get an EVDO/CDMA modem that works with my
ISP down here (Guatemala BellSouth, now purchased Telefonica), and is
supported, and I'd be happy to switch. I had to get an extra laptop setup to
act as gateway because their desktop drivers crash my machine. I'm just
happy the latency is somewhat better than satellite.

-Michael