[Asterisk-Users] Linux and Windows

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Mon Nov 1 16:41:35 MST 2004

>This has nothing to do with anger, but it has all to do with truthfulness.
>
>How many times have you had discussions with Windoze folks trying to
>give you good reasongs why Windoze should have its place when in
>reality it only came down to the one thing that they would not admit:
>all they really cared about is the ability to play all those games.
>
>So, I say, if you want to play games and that is what drives your
>choice, then say so and don't come up with all these pretense
>arguments. But I also say that playing games is not an activity that
>one should expect to get paid for.

Are you for real?

If I only ran linux, I'd not even be able to connect to the Internet, since
all I have is an EVDO/CDMA PCMCIA modem that barely has working drivers for
Windows.

Note that I'm not trying to push any agenda (although I am quite pro-MSFT).
I just think that people need to take some levelheaded positions, and while
ranting about how Windows has no place in the workplace might make you feel
good and gain respect from leet kids, it makes it seem like you're rather
out of touch with business.

-Michael