[Asterisk-Users] Linux and Windows

Mon Nov 1 16:29:19 MST 2004

On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:56:27 -0600, Jay Milk <jay at skimmilk.net> wrote:
> Why are you so angry?

This has nothing to do with anger, but it has all to do with truthfulness.

How many times have you had discussions with Windoze folks trying to
give you good reasongs why Windoze should have its place when in
reality it only came down to the one thing that they would not admit:
all they really cared about is the ability to play all those games.

So, I say, if you want to play games and that is what drives your
choice, then say so and don't come up with all these pretense
arguments. But I also say that playing games is not an activity that
one should expect to get paid for.

> don't like it, don't use it,

In fact I don't.

> but don't insult the people who do.

Who is the one making is the insult here? The one with the pretense
argument or the one who says one shouldn't expect to get paid for
playing games?

> accept that there are valid uses

Vaild uses, sure. Question is whether that includes the workplace. I
believe it doesn't.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.