[Asterisk-Users] Linux and Windows

Mon Nov 1 10:26:56 MST 2004

On 01 Nov 2004 11:16:31 -0500, james <james at jdfogg.com> wrote:
> > all very easily. When I started with Asterisk, there was finally
> > something that got him interested because he's a telephone junkie.
>
> Well then, how did you expect your win-weenies to admin a hardware based
> phone system then? It sounds like they didn't admin them. Why should
> they admin a new * phone system?

When I said "telephone junkie" I didn't mean he was running or using
any phone system. What I meant by that was that he is into any kind of
phone gadgets, like fancy answering machines, the latest mobile phone
handsets and accessories, that kind of phone junkie ;-)

And trust me, if you have a phone gadget junkie like him and you tell
them that you have just built yourself a PBX from an old junk PC and
that it can do VoIP and IVR and conferencing etc etc etc, they do
indeed become interested in Linux. They may finally struggle to take
the hurdle, but it is a serious incentive.

So, that's why I think Astwind could be a tool that helps to pull such
people over into the Unix camp.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.