[Asterisk-Users] record all calls

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Mon Nov 1 09:16:55 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 23:53, Altus Syman wrote:
> Good day all
> I want to record all call on my zap&vpb&internal channels.
> I had a look on the net and and found astGUIclient,I want something easy
> and simple that will save it in date/user files.
> Please advice
> Thanks Altus

If you want to record *all* calls as you say just add a call to the
Monitor() application in you dial plan before you call Dial(). I'm sure
you can get creative with the basename parameter to categorize the calls
the way you want.

exten => _8.,1,SetVar(CALLFILENAME=${EXTEN:1}-${TIMESTAMP})
exten => _8.,2,Monitor(wav,${CALLFILENAME},m)
exten => _8.,3,Dial(ZAP/g1/${EXTEN:1})
exten => _8.,4,Congestion
exten => _8.,104,Congestion

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+monitor