[Asterisk-Users] snom200 -> asterisk & dtmf (rfc2833)

Arsen Chaloyan achaloyan at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 1 03:20:29 MST 2004

Hello all.

Seems, snom200 with 3.x software versions isn't
compliant to rfc2833, while no such problem with
2.04.g.
Timestamp and event duration are increased
simultaneously, while timestamp should points to the
beginning of the event and event duration extends
forwards from that time.

In any case, asterisk is able to detect dtmfs
correctly. But I believe that in scenarios where
asterisk acts as IP->PSTN gateway the dtmf sequence
generated by asterisk in PSTN side can be incorrect.
In other words dtmfs can be overlapped if they quickly
pressed on snom.

Unfortunately, I have no PSTN card installed on my
asterisk.
Can somebody check if this works?

snom200(2.04.g vs 3.x)   --ip-->  asterisk  --pstn-->
 phone

Thanks in advance,
Arsen.