[Asterisk-Users] zapras how to

denz-infotechs denzel at infotechs.lk
Mon May 31 20:47:40 MST 2004

hi!

I'm trying to get zapras working in GSM csd network. Whenever a dialup call is initiated from the mobile to the * gateway the following appears in the log and zapras terminates. Phone gives the error dialup not answered.

==> /var/log/messages <==
pppd[2310]: Plugin zaptel.so loaded.
pppd[2310]: Zaptel Plugin Initialized
pppd[2310]: Using zaptel device 'stdin'
pppd[2310]: pppd 2.4.1b2 started by root, uid 0
pppd[2310]: Zaptel device is 'stdin'
kernel: Zaptel: Zaptel PPP support not compiled in
pppd[2310]: Unable to put device 'stdin' into HDLC mode
pppd[2310]: Exit.

I patched the given pppd with the two patches
ppp-2.4.1-pppoe.patch4, ppp-2.4.1b2-zaptel.patch

I recompiled my kernel to spupport,
Network device support -> PPP over Ethernet (EXPERIMENTAL)
But the result didn't change.

And kernel has this option ticked ( * ),
My kenerl has ISDN support -> Support synchronous PPP

what could be wrong here ? Am I missing anything in the kernel. Or ppp not configured not properly ? Need ur thoughts on this.

thanks in advance,
denzel.