[Asterisk-Users] Billing and CDR's

Mon May 31 19:29:04 MST 2004

Hmmm, perhaps I am the only one who doesn't trust their telco (I doubt
it) but...

I have the rates that I currently pay my telco, and would like to
extract my CDR's and add an additional field displaying the actual price
paid for the call. I would like to do this based on destination phone
number, and outgoing channel.

However, I have a few difficulties:

1) I pay a different rate for calls to Telstra mobiles as I do to any
other mobile, yet *all* mobile numbers are 04xx xxx xxx and there is no
way (that I know of) to decide which carrier the number belongs to just
from the number??

2) I pay a different rate for national (std) calls depending on the
distance to the destination, as well as whether or not the destination
number is in a capital city (since I always am, that side doesn't
matter).

ie, calls to someone 85km away might be 20c/min while calls to someone
185km away is 30c/min....

For now, I just assume that every number not within my area code is more
that 185km away and is in a capital city. This should be approximately
correct, but I would like to get something more accurate than that.
Also, I pretend that all mobile calls are non-telstra, but again, that
isn't 100% accurate.

Anyone have any suggestions etc?

PS, I have seen:
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+addon+rate-engine
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20callingcard

Though these are things I will want to look into further, they seem to
be aimed more at deciding what method to use for calling and hence the
rate that will be charged, as opposed to being able to tell which rate
even applies.

Thanks,
Adam