[Asterisk-Users] Unblocking incoming SIP

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon May 31 08:47:53 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 10:16, Duane wrote:
> Andy Powell wrote:
>
> > Anything that's added to * that breaks how protocols work should be by default OFF not ON,
> > but that's just IMO...
>
> I agree 100%, this has been very frustrating trying to work out why
> Asterisk suddenly stopped accepting calls from FWD and other PSTN based
> services.
>
> I very much preferred the old method, if I didn't want to accept a SIP
> call you just don't have a matching context.

The problem is that too many people had a context= in [general] and
didn't realize that incoming SIP calls that didn't match anything would
be accepted and sent to the context= that was specified in [genera].

--
          Eric Wieling * BTEL Consulting * 504-899-1387 x2111
"In a related story, the IRS has recently ruled that the cost of Windows